Frank Turk (aka centuri0n) has issued a debate challenge with regards to my response to his open letter. It seems that his main concern with Horton is "pastoral" not "theological" (which is revealing), so we will leave it at that and go on to one of the main issues betwen us.
The thesis to be debated is:
It is necessary for Christians to separate from false churches that do not proclaim the Gospel and the essentials of the Faith.
Affirmative: Daniel Chew; Negative: Frank Turk
The format will be as follows:
- 1st statement by both parties (simultaneously)
- 2nd statement/rebuttal by both parties (simultaneously)
- Cross-ex by Frank (Max 10 questions)
- Cross-ex by Daniel (Max 10 questions)
- Final statement and conclusion (simultaneously)
The debate would be posted both here and on Turk's debate blog site here.
This should be an interesting debate.