Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Preliminary publicity for Reformation Day Conference (UPDATE!)

I am the publicity IC for this year's Reformation Day Conference (RDC) in Singapore. Shown above here is the finalized publicity bookmark for the RDC to be held on the 7th and 8th Nov 2007. For all who would be in Singapore during this period, you are all invited to come for this conference held in commemoration of the great 16th century Protestant Reformation so do make yourself available. If you want the actual bookmarks so that you can pass it on to friends and or churchmates, please email me.

P.S.: The publicity poster for churches would be coming out very soon too. If your church (in Singapore) wants one, email me too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this organised by CERC? Looks interesting.

Daniel C said...

Yes, it is organized by CERC.

Anonymous said...

haha..not in Singapore leh..

vincit omnia veritas said...

Eh ... conference? Conference: discussion, consultation, debate, talk, conversation, dialogue, chat, tête-à-tête, parley etc.

Trust me: the conclusion is not for discussion. He who does not conclude with the conclusion will not get to conclude at all. So guess who concludes the conclusion? Dare you disagree with he who concludes?

So the principle is: discussion is always a formality. The conclusion was concluded long before any conference. So what conference?

Daniel C said...

Eh Vincent,

was that for real or meant to be satire? It is not a conference conference, but a talk conference, the conference being that there is a Q & A session after the talk.

vincit omnia veritas said...

Sorry Daniel for the comment above. I was not referring to the Reformation Day Conference in particular. What I was trying to ventilate is this: I feel very disenchanted with “discussing” doctrine (be it theological or pastoral) with the “Session” of any church these days. What’s the point? Let them believe what they want to believe. If I show them from the Scripture what I think is wrong, I will be labeled as a schismatic and a rebel. I know the usual procedure: further discussion to show who’s right (guess who?). Further discussion to establish the status quo. Further pressure to recant of my heresy. They might smile all the time, but we all know what that smile means. Say, I point out that a certain pastor’s wife should be a homemaker. Guess who gets the rap?

I am now probably not saved (or rather, not a genuine Christian) ... cause I criticized (in a brotherly manner!) a church leader. That’s the unforgivable sin I believe.

Anyway, I believe it’s a great conference, and I pray that the Lord will bless your efforts.

Love in Christ,
brother Vincent

Daniel C said...

No problem. The Church of Singapore is indeed in a sad state. I really think we should pray for her.