Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Article: Attack the messenger...

I have just came back from my mission trip, and am rather tired. Updates would come later, perhps tomorrow. As of now, I would prefer not to post anything, but I have just seen a very interesting article which I will link to entitled: Attack the messenger ... with a smile, which I deemed too intesting not to pass over. This was my experience over in my former church, btw, and have been the way with various people I have interacted with in the past.

Anyway, without further to do, here is the article.

2 comments:

vincit omnia veritas said...

Daniel,

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy. So true, and sadly so.

I told a pastor that he should speak about specific sins in a congregation, and be specific about it. No need to name names in the pulpit, but speak specifically about the issues. He told me, “It is YOU who are offended. You talk to them about those issues. I am hesitant to speak to them!”

Apparently, all the leaders, including the pastor, were not offended by those sins. Because they felt no necessity to talk about it with them.

And I became the “bad guy.” Now, I am the “fall guy.” I got to take the rap for what the leaders failed to do.

A “brother” told me that I was too impatient with the sinner (I waited more than one-and-a-half years for the pastor to rebuke the sinner), and too unreasonable (because I insisted that the leaders MUST rebuke those sins and worldliness in the congregation).

Sadly,
Vincent

Spiritual Israel said...

welcome back, Daniel.