Thursday, July 05, 2007

Singaporean youth not interested in deep stuff?

I would see how fast my Gen12ii team can prepare the report, if they are going to do it at all. Anyway, here is something which I have 'learned' from a pastor working in a somewhat conservative baptist church in Singapore during the trip. In our conversation (held mainly in Chinese), I had asked him whether it makes a difference in his church whether someone who is serving in the church believes in Calvinism or Arminianism. This is how he answered my question (translated and paraphrased):

"We don't think about such issues nowadays; it doesn't matter. We all just follow Christ, and the only creed we talk about is the Apostle's Creed. Anyway, people and youth nowadays want to know how to live the Christian life. All of these issues came from the past; irrelevant."

I would like to open up this post to my readers to think and maybe try to respond to such a position, not only doctrinally but pastorally, if possible.

No comments: