Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Musings: Some consolidations of my beliefs

OK, I am just using this place to consolidate what I believe and what I tentatively hold to at this moment.

I am a Protestant, 'old-time' fundamentalist (of the 1920s sort), traditional evangelical and reformed Christian. Soteriologically, I hold to the 5 points of Calvinism and hence am a strict Calvinist. I have no stand on the infra/supralapsarianism issue at the moment but am more symphatatic with the supra- position. On the issue of creation/evolution, I am a YEC ('young-earth creationist'). On baptism, I tend to the paedobaptist side but am open to the opposing view. I tentatively hold to the Puritan version of postmillinianism at the moment, thanks to Iain H. Murray's book 'The Puritan Hope'. I guess that sums it all up.

No comments: