Thursday, January 05, 2006

On speaking the truth in love (part 1)

What is speaking the truth in love about? Regarding some articles I have posted, a friend of mine has asked whether I am condemning them and I should instead be 'loving them into the Kingdom' so to speak, while hating their sin. While I respect the advice and the motive behind it, I'm concerned whether this whole concept of 'love the sinner but hate the sin' has been brought way beyond its biblical precedent.

Here are some articles that may help us realize what it means to speak the truth in love:

Speaking the truth in love (part 1), (part 2) by Rev. Ken Silva of Apprising Ministries

Also, what does Jude mean when he asks us to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the Saints (Jude 3)? Is it only for the elite group of believers in the apologetics ministry?

[Postscript (8th Dec 2006): The article from christianunplugged is no more there as the website is removed]

No comments: