Thursday, November 21, 2019

The sordid state of American Reformed Christianity on Twitter

On October 11, 2019, I had posted a response to Todd Pruit's tweet attacking a paragraph written by Douglas Wilson. In response to this, as I had previously commented on, Dr. Clark decided to block me on Twitter:

So as it can be seen, there are some against the FV who are factionalists. But what about the opposite side? Well, I decided to attempt to engage Richard Pierce of Alpha and Omega Ministries on Twitter, in a thread as follows:

My somewhat sketchy screenshots of the entire thread is as follows:

Despite my attempt at genuine conversation, Pierce decided that he has no wish to engage, slandered me as an "inquisitor" alongside my "inquisitor friends," and blocked me.

I guess I should not be astonished any longer, but I am astonished that Christian leaders on Twitter are now behaving like the world. I assert that one must be truthful even about Douglas Wilson, and I get blocked by one side. I attempted to reason that Federal Vision is a heresy attacking the faith, and I got blocked by the other side. Is there any Christian leader left on American Reformed Twitter that has some semblance of maturity, instead of behaving like children in a schoolyard!? How is all such refusal to actually engage the issue helpful for the truth? Both sides are like two kids screaming at each other from opposite sides of the hallway, refusing to engage. And these are our pastors and theologians?! God help us.

4 comments:

Jenson Lim said...

Oh Daniel, knowing FV is largely a Presbyterian issue, do you think challenging a Baptist on that matter was a good idea?

Daniel C said...

@Jenson:

1) FV en toto is a pedobaptist issue. But not all of FV is merely "a Presbyterian issue."
2) The moment Apologia decided to minister together with Doug Wilson's crew, then yes, it becomes their issue.

Jenson Lim said...

Ah, James White or Apologia church do not represent all reformed Baptists. Certainly not the British RBs.

Daniel C said...

@Jensonn,

indeed.