Thursday, August 01, 2013

Tony Miano's testimony on his journey in Charismatism

Evangelist Tony Miano has posted an interesting testimony of his journey through Charismatism (of the Third Wave variety) entitled Spiritual Heroin and Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit: A Personal Testimony here. An except:

I came to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, during the Fall of 1988. Mahria came to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ a month after the Lord saved me. The man who shared the gospel with me and took me under his wing was a sergeant with whom I worked in the County Jail. Sadly, in a year's time he would prove to be a false convert. He was an elder in a church. He had to explain to me what an elder was. He also said the church was a "charismatic church." I had no idea what that meant, either. My family and I began attending the church.

Mahria and I had both grown up in formal, liturgical churches. As a boy, I had been bored to death by the formality and darkness of Roman Catholic services in Latin. Mahria happily grew up in a typical Methodist Church.

[more]

No comments: