Sunday, December 16, 2007

Song: A Broken Spirit

On the heels of the posts on worship with regards to Exclusive Psalmody, I would like to offer up a beautiful, meaningful modern song primarily based on Ps. 51:17. Just for the record, here is Ps. 51:17

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

And here is the song:

A BROKEN SPIRIT
by Marty Nystrom, Don Harris © 1993 Integrity’s Hosanna Music

A broken spirit, and a contrite heart
You will not depise, You will not despise
You desire truth in the inward parts
A broken spirit and a contrite heart

Lord my heart is prone to wonder
Prone to leave the Lord I love
Here's my heart,
Lord, take and seal it
Seal it for Your courts above

I love this song. Too many times my heart have wandered from my Lord, and truly we need to constantly go back to Him in brokenness and contriteness, repenting of our sins against Him who is pefectly pure and holy, and would not tolerate even a speck of sin.

No comments: